Introduction to Python TestingCompact course: Introduction to Python Testing
- Date: 10.10.23
- Time: 9:30 - 13:00
- Location: Mathematikon Bauteil A, Im Neuenheimer Feld 205, in Seminar room 10 on the 5th floor.
- Instructor: Dr. Liam Keegan, Research Software Engineer, Scientific Software Center
Basic Python knowledge and a laptop is required. Experience with writing tests is not required.
An automated test suite makes it much easier to maintain, extend and debug your Python code. In this course we will learn how to write automated tests in Python using the pytest library. After introducing the key concepts, the majority of the course will be hands-on, writing and running tests.
After the course participants should be able to
- Install and run pytest
- Write simple tests
- Use temporary files in tests
- Use fixtures to manage resources
- Parametrize tests
- Add an automated test suite to their existing python projects