Python PackagingCompact course: Python Packaging
- Date: 07.02.24
- Time: 9:30 - 13:00
- Location: Mathematikon Bauteil A, Im Neuenheimer Feld 205, in Seminar room 10 on the 5th floor.
- Instructor: Dr. Liam Keegan, Research Software Engineer, Scientific Software Center
Experience or interest in publishing your Python code and a laptop is required.
In this course we will learn how to package a Python library, how to publish it on PyPI and on conda-forge, as well as look at more advanced topics like building pre-compiled wheels including c++ extensions using pybind11, and automatically publishing new releases using continuous integration and cibuildwheel.
After the course participants should be able to
- Create a modern pyproject.toml Python package
- Publish this package to PyPI
- Set up continuous integration to automatically publish to PyPI
- Understand the basics of conda-forge publishing
- Create binary wheels including c++ pybind11 extensions